It comes to know surprise to parents that children can be interested in some dangerous toys around the holidays.
We all remember the famous movie line "You'll shoot you're eye out" from the holiday classic, a Christmas Story and some children may have included airsoft guns, BB guns and paintball guns on their Christmas list.
To keep children’s eyes safe from injuries, the American Academy of Ophthalmology has submitted five EyeSmart toy-buying tips to Patch:
- Avoid purchasing toys with sharp, protruding or projectile parts.
- Make sure children have appropriate supervision when playing with potentially hazardous toys or games that could cause an eye injury.
- Along with sports equipment, give children the appropriate protective eyewear with polycarbonate lenses. Check with your Eye M.D. to learn about protective gear recommended for your child's sport.
- Check labels for age recommendations and be sure to select gifts that are appropriate for a child's age and maturity.
- Keep toys that are made for older children away from younger children.
So tell us we want to know, in your opinion, what is the most dangerous toy of all time?