No bomb was found at Weymouth High School on Wednesday afternoon after a threat was called into the school, Weymouth Superintendent Dr. Kenneth Salim confirmed.
Salim said the bomb threat was called into the school around dismissal time. An administrator then pulled a fire alarm to expedite student dismissal so police and fire units could search the school.
Students and faculty were forced to evacuate, during the police sweep. Weymouth officers also blocked off both entrances of the school and many students weren’t even aware that a threat had been issued.
"The Weymouth Police and fire departments have done a thorough sweep of our school, and they have given us clearance to resume business as usual tomorrow," Weymouth High Principal Laura Stevenson said in an email to parents. "Be assured, we will be working closely with the Weymouth Police to identify the person responsible for this crime. In light of recent events, our counselors will be ready to offer assistance to any students who may need support."
Salim said he met with the Weymouth Police Department earlier this week to review emergency procedures after the , and said the school handled Wednesday’s emergency properly.
As a precaution, all afternoon activities and sports at the school were canceled.
"As always, the safety of our students and staff members is our highest priority and we will keep the lines of communication open between our school and our school community," Stevenson said.
This was the second bomb threat at the school this month. indicating a bomb threat for December 6th.